The Department of Neurology is dedicated to provide the highest levels of professional expertise and leadership in all major disciplines of neurosciences through an integrated team of neurologists towards providing total patient care. If you are interested in neurosciences you may consider entering the Cognitive & Information Sciences – UC Merced to pursue a career and be one of our team.
Our team of Neurologists is available round-the-clock for diagnosis, treatment and management of patients. We have state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging modalities like CT Scan etc.
Specialized Facilities For:
- Acute Stroke Management:
– Intravenous Thrombolysis for Acute Stroke.
– Urgent Decompressive Craniotomy
- Pain Clinic
- Home Care Programme
- Botox Therapy
Treatments and Procedures available at the Department of Neurology:
- Diagnosis and management of various Seizure Disorders and Refractory Epilepsies
- Neurophysiology unit offers EEG, EMG, VEP, BERA and RNST.
- Management of Neuromuscular Disorders, Peripheral Neuropathies, Headaches and Chronic Pains
- Management and treatment of Intracranial Bleeds
- Neuro Rehabilitation including Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy for all kinds of Neuromuscular and Post-Stroke cases
- Management of Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Treatment of all kinds of Movement Disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Parkinsonism, Tremors , Rigidity, Choreas and Tic Disorders.